A model tobacco-free community recreation policy is one that prohibits the smoking of, or use of, any tobacco products including but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, snuff, chewing tobacco, snus, and electronic nicotine delivery systems, such as e-cigarettes, on all recreational area properties 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including athletic facilities, playgrounds, or assembly areas operated by a municipality.
Resources to support policy implementation:
- Sample Tobacco-Free Recreation Resolution View and Download PDF
- Sample Tobacco-Free Recreation Policy View and Download PDF
- Sample Tobacco-Free Recreation Ordinance View and Download PDF
- Tobacco-Free Community Recreation Toolkit View and Download PDF
- Sample Tobacco-Free Area Signage View and Download PDF