A tiered policy system has been developed to support Maine workplaces to meet or exceed state law depending on their organizational readiness and capacity. The Good, Better, and Best policies were developed and are provided in collaboration with the Maine CDC Tobacco and Substance Use Prevention and Control Program and the Maine Office of the Attorney General Tobacco Enforcement. These policy templates comply with Maine’s Workplace Smoking Act and include best practice strategies for addressing tobacco use, exposure, and enforcement. A policy component checklist provides information on the strategies for each level.
Resources to support policy implementation:
- Tobacco-Free Workplace Toolkit View and Download PDF
- Sample Tobacco-Free Signage View and Download PDF
- Sample Workplace – Good Level Policy Download PDF (editable Word template)
- Sample Workplace – Better Level Policy Download PDF (editable Word template)
- Sample Workplace – Best Level Policy Download PDF (editable Word template)
- Breathe Easy Policy Enforcement and Implementation Recommendations