Gold Star StandardsThe annual Gold Star Standards of Excellence program has a goal of encouraging, supporting and recognizing Maine’s behavioral health organizations that are addressing smoking and tobacco use by creating and maintaining smoke and tobacco-free policies. Behavioral health organizations and providers seek to optimize the health of clients and employees. Tobacco-free policies are examples of this commitment that benefits clients, employees, and the entire community.
Important Dates for the 2021 Program
- Application Period Is Now Open
- Application Period Closes: May 7, 2021
- Awardee Celebration: GSSE Awardees will be celebrated during the Annual Tobacco Treatment and Prevention Conference (June 7-9, 2021)
About the 2021 Program:
- Please follow newsletter and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) for program information.
- View the 2021 GSSE Standards
- View 2021 Standard Guidance
This year, previous awardees will submit their application review online. This will give the opportunity to provide information on updates and/or confirm no changes were made to the application.
New applicants must complete a full application and submit with supporting documentation to BreatheEasy
Apply for 2021 Program:
- New Applicants: please apply using this form
- Previous Awardees: please apply using this form
- Individual Gold Star Nomination form
2021 Mini Grant Opportunities:
In order to support agencies in developing and implementing a comprehensive tobacco policy, as well as increasing staff capacity to address tobacco use, the MaineHealth Center for Tobacco Independence is making a limited number of mini-grants available. Funding is available as part of the larger Maine Prevention Services initiative of the Maine CDC, Department of Health and Human Services.
- Download the 2021 Mini Grant Application
- Applications Due by May 7, 2021
Questions? Contact [email protected] and we would be happy to assist you.