Gold Star StandardsBreathe Easy conducts the Gold Star Standards of Excellence recognition program annually to encourage and support Maine’s hospitals that are addressing smoking and tobacco use by creating and maintaining smoke and tobacco-free policies. As leaders in health care, Maine hospitals seek to optimize the health of patients and the surrounding community. Hospitals provide key community support and are exemplary role models of health care excellence. Tobacco-free campus policies are examples of this commitment that benefits patients, employees, and the entire community.
Applications Now Being Accepted!
Be recognized for addressing tobacco use and exposure at your hospital!
About the 2021 Program:
- Application period: September 27, 2021 – October 15, 2021
- Awardees will be announced and promoted in November 2021
- Please follow newsletter and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) for award promotion.
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, there will not be an in-person awards celebration.
- 2021 Hospital GSSE Standards
Apply for 2021 Recognition:
- New Applicants: Download the Application and Instructions
- Returning Applicants (2019-2020): Complete the Abbreviated Application Online (Survey Monkey)
- View the 2021 Hospital Application Guidance Document with Sample Answers for Each Standard
- Nominate an Individual or Program for a Gold Star Award: Download Application and Instructions
Questions? Contact [email protected] and we would be happy to assist you.