Gold Star StandardsThe annual Gold Star Standards of Excellence recognition program encourages and supports Maine’s institutions of higher education that are addressing smoking and tobacco use by creating and maintaining smoke and tobacco-free policies. Institutions of higher education are committed to providing as healthy and safe of an environment as possible for their students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Important Dates for the 2021 Program
- Application Period Is Now Open
- Application Period Closes: May 7, 2021
- Awardee Celebration: GSSE Awardees will be celebrated during the Annual Tobacco Treatment and Prevention Conference (June 7-9, 2021)
About the 2021 Program:
- Please follow newsletter and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) for program information.
- View the 2021 GSSE Standards
- View 2021 Standard Guidance
This year, previous awardees will submit their application review online. This will give the opportunity to provide information on updates and/or confirm no changes were made to the application.
New applicants must complete a full application and submit with supporting documentation to BreatheEasy
Apply for 2021 Program
- New Applicants: please apply using this form
- Previous Awardees: please apply using this form
- Individual Gold Star Nomination form
Questions? Contact [email protected] and we would be happy to assist you.