Gold Star StandardsBreathe Easy conducts the Gold Star Standards of Excellence recognition program annually to encourage and support Maine’s healthcare organizations that are addressing smoking and tobacco use by creating and maintaining smoke and tobacco-free policies. As leaders in wellness, Maine healthcare organizations seek to optimize the health of patients and the surrounding community. Healthcare organizations provide key community support and are exemplary role models of health care excellence. Tobacco-free campus policies are examples of this commitment that benefits patients, employees, and the entire community.
Congratulations to the 2023 Awardees!
Eligible Healthcare Organizations
All Maine health organizations are invited to apply, this includes but is not limited to:
- Dental Clinics
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Private Practices or Clinics
- School-Based Health Centers
2023 Award Levels
- Platinum: 10 Standards
- Gold: 8-9 Standards
- Silver: 6-7 Standards
- Bronze: 5 Standards
2023 Program Timeline
- Application Period: March 28 – May 12, 2023
- Awardee Notification: May 31, 2023
- Awardee Celebration: June 7, 2023 (during Maine Tobacco Treatment and Prevention Conference)
Questions? Contact [email protected] and we would be happy to assist you.