A model tobacco-free policy for institutions of higher education prohibits the smoking of, or use of, any tobacco products including but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, snuff, chewing tobacco, snus, and electronic nicotine delivery systems, such as e-cigarettes, anywhere on the organization’s campus. This includes all organization-affiliated buildings, on all facility grounds, in all organization-owned or –leased vehicles, personal vehicles used in the course of work and at all sponsored events.
Resources to support policy implementation:
- Sample Tobacco-Free College & University Policy Download
- Sample Tobacco-Free Career & Trade School Policy Download
- Smoke and Tobacco-Free College & University Policy Case Study Portfolio Download PDF
- Sample Tobacco-Free Higher Education Signage View and Download PDF
- Breathe Easy Policy Enforcement and Implementation Recommendations